You have 5 days left to nominate someone who has done something amazing in our ‘Be an Angel’ competition!
We’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the nominations so far and would hate for anyone in the Nottinghamshire-Derbyshire area to miss out!
All you have to do is email us at email@example.com, message us at our Facebook page or comment on this blog, and your nomination would win them 12 cupcakes!
T&C apply see http://www.morecakesdarlig.com for more details!
There are so many special people in the world who work hard to make the lives of others better. Here at ‘More Cakes Darling’ we want to thank some of the people who are selfless in their help.
So we’ve decided to use ‘Be an Angel Day on August 22nd as a bit on an excuse to celebrate the special people. We will be giving away a box of 12 cupcakes to people who deserve them. All you have to do is nominate them! The prize includes delivery to local areas (Nottingham, Derby, Ashfield, Mansfield, Erewash and Amber Valley. If anyone wishes to nominate someone outside of these areas then the person nominating is responsible for meeting the costs of delivery by courier.)
There are a number of ways you can enter..
1. Write on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/More-Cakes-Darling/261515333864923
Tagging the person you’re nominating and telling me why you’re nominating them, and why they deserve the cakes.
2. Comment on this blog, telling me who you are nominating and why – I will then contact you for contact details if necessary.
3. Or if you’d prefer a less public entry, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org telling me who you are nominating and why. You must include the contact details in this email.
All entrants must be with me by the 31st August to be entered.
Now for the boring, but important rules!
1. Nominees must be over the age of 16, or have expressed written constant (emailed to email@example.com) from their parent or carer.
2. Winners will be chosen by a panel here at More Cakes Darling, and the decision will be final.
3. No cash alternative or substitution for the prize.
4. All nominees should be asked permission before nominations are given, as reasons behind the nominations may be used when announcing and celebrating winners. However stories may be shorten as deemed appropriate.
4. Email entrants will be added to our mailing list, names may be used to to announce winners, but all other details will be used solely for the competition.
5. Delivery is included within the prize to the following areas:- Nottingham, Derby, Ashfield, Mansfield, Erewash and Amber Valley. If anyone wishes to nominate someone outside of these areas then the person nominating is responsible for meeting the costs of delivery by courier.
There must be something red and sparkly in the air this month as I’ve had two Wizard of Oz themed cakes.. The first was for a 40th birthday
The shoes although made from fondant were inedible due to the glitter, but this was at the request of the customer!
The second was for a 4th birthday.. I loved making these models…
Daisy Cascade 3 tier wedding cake
Congratulations to a beautiful couple who got married on Saturday – and I had the pleasure of creating their wedding cake. Their ceremony was elegant and simple at St Giles church, at Calke Abbey (http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/calke-abbey) followed by a beautiful reception at the riding stables. The stable was simply decorated using daisys as a broad theme – so the cake had to match! A 3 tier lemon sponge filled with lemon curd and buttercream – I hope it was as delicious as it looked and smelt! A cascade of daisys adorned the side of the cake – to be honest I was rather worried that I would arrive at the reception venue with little more than a white iced cake with daisy centres, so armed with my “first aid” kit I was presently surprised to see them all in tact!
This week we had a bunch of combat cakes for a hen party and a Rapunzel doll cake. I managed to break my scales, so luckily my neighbours were able to lend me some! So today I shall me buying more… Just in time for octonauts themed cake and daisy wedding cake!!
I got to cook my favourite chocolate cake to go on the top tier of a two tier wedding cake, and to go with that deep purple lilies…
This was the outcome…
Lily Wedding cake
Today’s treat was going to be a lemon drizzle cake, except for the fact that I’d forgotten to buy eggs! So rather than crying over unbaked cakes I thought I’d go eggless! I’m hoping it will make a yummy vegan cake for the collection – although I used cows milk!
I’ve finally got round to registering the domain name, so you can now find us at www.morecakesdarling.com
Now to approve the business cards!!
Also been back in the kitchen after a kiddy break! A 50th birthday cake and an ariel cake has been completed for friends!
I was asked to create a Rapunzel cake for a 6-year-old… with emphasis on the hair and lots of glitter! They also wanted a doll shaped cake, rather than a round one… and this is what I created!
The skirt was a yummy vanilla sponge layered with strawberry jam and buttercream, and finally covered in fondant icing.
I’ve been rather lazy recently, and instead having a great time with my little boy… despite the weather!
So summer holidays mean 6 weeks off, in which I planned to get some cakes decorated and photographed.. and that seems to have slipped by, just like the 6 weeks!
It’s been a few weeks of birthday cakes.. the most fun was the hungry caterpillar cakes. This was a sponge head, with mini sponge cupcakes to make the body, and then a two tier vanilla and chocolate sponge cake with characters from the book.
The second was a toy story themed cake… again a sponge cake and went down a storm with the 6 year old!
The third was a Minnie Mouse cake, for a special little girl’s 2nd birthday – and the best part was I got to eat some of the cake!! It was a sponge cake filled with fresh strawberries – my favourite! Yum!
If anyone needs a wow factor to their wedding check out these lovely ladies… http://www.fabric-theatre.blogspot.com/
They are able to transform any space, to create a fantastic space using wonderful backdrops!